Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Cubs out-slugged;

Zambrano Hits his Mark
The image “http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/mlb/photo/photogallery/2003_2nd_half_moments/chc/03.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
"Got 'em!"


The Cubs may have fallen short against the Reds in last night's slugfest, but Zambrano was on target.

"I felt like I was really making all my spots today," said Carlos after the game.

Zambrano was ejected for hitting batter Austin Kearns in the rib cage with a 98mph fast ball. He had given up a 3 run homer to Adam Dunn in the previous at bat and did not want to risk giving up another big hit to a slugger like Kearns.

"It's a shame that I got ejected so soon, I felt so much command out there," the pitcher explained. "I don't think I made even one pitch that was off the mark."

"[The umpire] must have thought it was an accident... I can see why he kicked me out of the game--If a pitcher is wild like that it can be really dangerous."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Unclee said...

There sure have been a lot of runs scored in the last 2 nights. I hope the weather changes soon.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous unclee said...

I hope he siad he was sorry, even if he didn't mean it.

8:59 AM  
Blogger dan the fan said...

don't think that's very likely.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home