Sunday, June 19, 2005

That "Woo!" Sucked "Woo!"


I just went to three Cubs games at Yankee Stadium and highlight of the weekend was meeting Ronnie Woo Woo.
_________________________________

Jerome Williams "Less Fat", Ready To Pitch

The young righty recently acquired from San Francisco in the LaTroy Hawkins deal is now reportedly "slightly less fat," and is ready to join the Cubs starting rotation. He was asked to loose 20 pounds only a few weeks ago. Though it is doubtful that he has done so, Dusty Baker and the Cubs feel he is close enough.
"Look dude, I don't have a lot of options here." (Dusty is once again inexplicably overlooking Caramis Rambrano)
Williams is scheduled to start this Tuesday against the Brewers.
__________________________________________

Quotable Cubbies:


Jim Hendry on Jerome Williams:
"He's done everything we've asked him," Hendry said. "I don't know how much weight he's actually lost."
"...but, let's be honest, who am I to be asking anyone to loose weight?"

"I feel fine out there" Borowski said. "It seems like if I do make a mistake, I have to pay for it."
...yeah, funny how that happens...

Mark Prior on his Simulated Start in Yankee Stadium:
"When there are no fans -- it's like being almost at HoHoKam [Park in Mesa, Ariz.]. I'm sure when the fans fill up, you'll get more of a sense as to what it's like to play here."
Yeah, it's sorta different with people, plus you don't typically face Jose Macias 20 times in a row."

"I'm not going to speculate as to why we've given up 'X' amount of runs," Ohman said.
Willie Ohman now using roman numerals to describe his pitching performance

"Zambrano has great stuff," Alex Rodriguez said. "It's one of those things where you battle for your life and I was fortunate enough to get some good wood on it."
If A-Rod gives you that kind of endorsement, you know you're a badass.

Taming the Bull; Henry Blanco on catching Zambrano.
"We're trying to keep him in control. I don't know what's going through his mind when he's on the mound."

"yo quiero lo sangre de los yankees!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home