Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Trade on the Table:


According to Bruce Levine at ESPN Radio 1000, this trade is on the table:

This sounds like a trade in a fantasy baseball league.
I don't like it.
If I were an Orioles fan, I might not like it either, so I don't know what that means...
It's a tough one.
My feeling is that Tejada is worth more regular season wins than Prior, but in the playoffs, the Cubs are better off with Prior.
This whole thing makes me wonder if Hendry even has a plan anymore.
What do you think?




Should the Cubs do this deal?




Free polls from Pollhost.com




3 Comments:

Anonymous Patrick said...

That trade has been on the table so long, there is mold growing on it.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Uncle Charlie said...

Like mold, this one is actually growing on me--surprisingly. I love Prior's ability and his mental toughness. I think the Cubs desperately need a guy like that in their rotation. But if the Cubs can get Tejada, plus a healthy Erik Bedard, I think this trade helps the Cubs compete immediately. With Pierre leading off in front of a murderers row of Lee, Tejada, and Ramirez, they'll score enough runs to make good pitching--not great pitching--stand up. To your point about the playoffs, that's definitely a concern. There, I think two great pitchers can help move a team to a championship. But first you have to get there. I think Tejada gets the Cubs there.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Adam Albrecht said...

I like prior, but I hate the way the cubs coaches treat the pitchers so maybe its time we let this be an offensive team not a pitching team and see where that gets them.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home